The Web has the ability to level the playing field between small and big business pertaining to capturing market share. Search marketing – SEO, Pay per click and viral marketing is the most effective and most inexpensive way of driving targeted traffic to a web site. Any kind of business with a web site can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Marketing. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine marketing in 2006. This represented a 62% increase over the prior year and an 750% increase from 2002. The explanation for this growth is related to the explosive development of the web worldwide – a trend which has impacted every industry in every single developed country, producing vast amounts of dollars in revenue for companies with a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Marketing for Increasing Web Site Traffic. Search engine optimization (SEM) identifies listings and links to internet sites which can be produced on the pages of an internet search engine directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) when a keyword search phrase or phrase is entered. There are 2 kinds of results which are produced. Listings at the very top and right column are sponsored results from advertisers who pay each and every time someone clicks on their ad and visits their website. This is known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The greatest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The 2nd kind of search engine rankings would be the free organic listings which can be produced due to content and code on the website that match criteria based on search engines like google- essentially search engines like google try to find keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, back-links and traffic flow. The entire process of getting webpages to complement these criteria is called search engine optimization or SEO. The closer the web page matches the search engine’s criteria, the better the ranking order for your web site. If a website is not found on the first or second page of search results, it is actually unlikely that can be found and lead to traffic. Any number of pages on a website may be optimized and located through search engines like google. You can find hundreds to 1000s of search engines. Nearly all searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and quite often do change over time. This is why it is an ongoing process to achieve and keep an excellent page ranking with SEO. When SEO includes a presence in forums, blogs, social networks, and multimedia directories, the effect is viral marketing – this is where traffic and results become very exciting!
Greatest Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – A good SEO program will not just generate a high page ranking for keywords, it will drive traffic coming from a particular potential audience to web site pages from a variety of sources. These may include links from relevant web sites valued by the major search engines, forums, blogs, social networks, multimedia directories and web-based pr releases. The sum total of this all marketing generates a viral effect leading to high search engine rankings and explosive website traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Niche research and analysis to determine keywords that are searched in significant numbers and highly relevant to the internet site’s target audience.
2. Incorporating an XML site map in order that search engines can crawl the internet site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich webpages for the existing website according to targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for every single page of the website in order to make every page search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the net site to niche directories to have valuable one of the ways links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles dedicated to targeted keywords.
7. Creating a blog for your web site and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engine listings.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines as well as other informative sites to get one way links together with relevant traffic to the web site.
9. Exchanging links along with other relevant internet sites to boost back links for the internet site.
10. Taking part in niche Blogs & Forums to obtain quality back links and traffic.
11. Creating a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Creating a presence in Social network sites.
13. Engaging in Video Sharing using video that showcases the web site’s mission, purpose, brand and unique selling position.
14. RSS feed creation and submission to numerous RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in most content produced for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications based upon traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes webpages will produce limited results. I have personally seen companies charge big dollars and stuff keywords into pages that no individual would read. They could get noticed orgnls search engines like google but people will be off that site in a heartbeat. The bottom line is effective marketing copy in exactly what is produced for the project.
Most SEO companies usually do not include a number of these viral marketing concepts in their program. Applying this listing of criteria when you shop around for a company to do your SEO will assist you to obtain the most value for the money you may spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing can be your most productive marketing investment.