You’ve heard it all before: CBD fixes everything, THC might be useful to you, the paleo weight loss program is out, keto is all the rage and vegan is going mainstream… but who do you believe and where does it end? While Hemp and CBD can be incredibly helpful to a broad range of numerous conditions, getting a grasp on it is bewildering. This post aims to debunk a few of the myths around our favourite plant-based oil and CBD while presenting real scientific evidence to ensure you comprehend the full benefits of each of these beautiful substances and how therapeutically similar they are.
1. Skin Disorders – The most mentioned similarities between hemp oil and CBD are their benefits towards different skin problems. Hemp can help to improve blood degrees of essential fatty acids and right out of the box posseses an optimal ratio of 3:1 omega-6 to omega-3. This research shows how hemp seed oil can reduce dryness and itchiness in humans that have dermatitis and several other studies demonstrate which it can help a wide range of conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
CBD features a positive effect on the skin and can help in reducing skin diseases, as can both CBD and CBG – essential to assist counteract skin diseases like melanoma (an enormous symptom in sunshine-rich countries like Australia).
2. Menopause – A relatively well-known fact is that hemp seeds contain Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which produce prostaglandin E. As a result of high amounts of GLA in hemp seeds several studies show they may reduce various signs of menopause including helping reduce bone mineral density. Additionally, GLA could reduce inflammation and regulate hormone imbalances which are usually connected with menopause.
Now, just a little-known fact about CBD is it can assistance with a chronic characteristic of menopause – bone strength and density loss. Bone mineral density naturally starts to decrease during menopause and CBD does connect with a cannabinoid receptor, which can play a part in bone density loss.
Another study observed a combination of cannabinoids, including CBD, accelerated the speed of bone healing and CBD was proven to strengthen collagen tissues, assisting to reduce bone density loss.
3. PMS – An enormous quantity of women have problems with physical or emotional symptoms caused by premenstrual syndrome or also known as PMS. Nearly all these symptoms have been linked to a sensitivity in the hormone prolactin. Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) since we know is found in hemp seeds, and generates a naturally occurring prostaglandin E1, cuts down on the results of prolactin. Research has demonstrated taking 210mg of GLA per day in a total of 1 gram of essential fatty acids resulted in a significant decrease in symptoms.
CBD can also be very well noted for its relaxing benefits and it is utilized by thousands of people being a daily supplement to chill out effectively every day. One such study shows CBD can reduce the overall amount of anxiety in a person in a stressful situation and it is widely known to help with several other mental health problems including addiction and paranoia.
4. Cardiovascular Disease – The number one reason behind death worldwide is cardiovascular disease, and both hemp and CBD are showing very promising results.
Hemp seeds contain extremely high quantities of arginine, that is an amino acid that creates nitric oxide in your body. Nitric Oxide Supplement makes your bloodstream dilate and relax, which results in lower blood pressure along with a reduced risk of heart problems.
New information has suggested that CBD can lower blood pressure, and there is an associated lower stroke volume (amount of blood pumped from your heart per beat) and at an increased rate. Researchers have suggested this could be as a result of analgesic and anti-anxiety results of CBD, and also this may show the beneficial cardiovascular effects in relaxing bloodstream.
5. Pain – A lot of people do not know concerning the powerful results of a team of chemical molecules called terpenes. If you’re not familiar with the incredible benefits associated with cannabis terpenes, take at take a look at Cannabis Terpenes 101. When processed correctly, hemp oil can be extremely terpene rich, which molecules have thousands of potential uses which range from fighting cancer to reducing pain. What’s more, a mix of terpenes can have promising results by working in synergy, which is called “the entourage effect”. Many research papers claim that ?-caryophyllene works well at reducing neuropathic pain in a CB2 receptor-dependent manner. This terpene is additionally found kjamgf cloves, black pepper and our new Ltd Ed Navy Strength Hemp Gin.
Research has confirmed that CBD was therapeutic for patients with neuropathic pain by interacting with alpha-3 glycine receptors to minimize inflammation and pain. By concentrating on a G-protein coupled receptor known as TRPV-1, CBD may also effectuate its properties indirectly. THC is also well documented for helping relieve certain varieties of pain.
As you can see, whilst both of these substances are closely related therapeutically, they are unfortunately still very far apart here in Australia in terms of the legalities of access and also the knowledge that people possess to utilize them correctly. Please feel free to speak to Dr David or comment below if you have any more questions on CBD or Hemp.